- Less than 1/2 the price of comparable systems.
- Purified water @ less than $.04 USD/gal.
- Light weight, modular, "tool-free" setup.
- No need for fuel or electricity.
- Can be hand carried to the site. Fits in the back of an SUV.
- No need to dry and re-sanitize tank prior to storage. Just dispose of the tank liner and filter and restock for next event.
- Incorporates cost effective, safe and proven powdered calcium hypochlorite for disinfection, and final carbon block filtration for cyst and chlorine removal.
- The P.O.D. (Point of Distribution) can filter 4 to 5 gallons per minute; 250 gallons per hour; approximately 2500 gallons per day with one tank; 6,000 gallons per day filtering continuously with three tanks.
- The complete DIVVY 250 three case system weighs 177 lbs. (80 kg.) Fill Case weighs 55 lbs. (25 kg.), POD Case weighs 75 lbs. (34 kg.) and Tank Case weighs 47 lbs. (21 kg.)
- 10 grams of calcium hypochlorite [Ca(OCl)2] in a granular form is mixed with water and poured into the tank as the tank is being filled. This produces a mixture of 4 to 6 parts per million of residual chlorine considered “super chlorination".
- Filter tested for chlorine removal to 40,000 gallons. The filter is rated by the manufacturer at 30,000 gallons. The filter will remain effective, even in turbid water, to 20,000 gallons
Will the DIVVY purify salt water?
No, desalination typically uses large amounts of energy and specialized, expensive equipment, making it much more expensive than fresh water purification from conventional sources such as rivers or groundwater. The DIVVY purifies most contaminated fresh water sources.
How much water can the DIVVY purify in one day?
The P.O.D. (Point of Distribution) can filter 4 to 5 gallons per minute; 250 gallons per hour; approximately 2500 gallons per day with one tank; 6,000 gallons per day filtering continuously with three tanks.
Does the DIVVY filter have a shelf life? What is the useful life of a filter?
A dry unused filter properly stored and protected from moisture and sunlight has a shelf-life of many years. Sealed in the filter housing, the filter should last indefinitely. When used continuously for water filtration, the life of the filter is 20,000 to 40,000 gallons depending on the turbidity of the water being filtered. After use at an event the filter should be discarded.
Can the DIVVY be stored in freezing conditions?
If the DIVVY system is stored dry, freezing conditions will not damage the system.
How much does the DIVVY system weigh?
The complete DIVVY 250 three case system weighs 177 lbs. (80 kg.)
Fill Case weighs 55 lbs. (25 kg.)
POD Case weighs 75 lbs. (34 kg.)
Tank Case weighs 47 lbs. (21 kg.)
Will the DIVVY system purify swimming pool water, so we can drink it in an emergency?
Yes, all that is required is the POD (filter housing/pump/distribution lines) to filter the chlorinated water for particulate and chlorine removal. Raising the chlorine level to 4 ppm in the pool prior to filtering the water would assure purification.
What power source is required to pump and filter the water?
Both the fill pump and the filter pump are human powered, requiring no fuel or electricity to operate.
Are the hand pumps hard to pump for extended periods?
On a level plain the hand pumps are easy to operate. Alternating with a second person, continuous pumping is very possible.
How long does it take to fill the 250 gallon treatment tank with the fill pump?
Two people can fill a 250 gallon tank on a level surface in 20 to 30 minutes, without much trouble. Pumping is somewhat more difficult when pumping uphill.
What chemicals do you use to treat the water in the DIVVY 250 tank?
10 grams of calcium hypochlorite [Ca(OCl)2] in a granular form is mixed with water and poured into the tank as the tank is being filled. This produces a mixture of 4 to 6 parts per million of residual chlorine considered “super chlorination.”
What is the pore sizing on the pre-filter? How many replacement pre-filters do you provide with the system?
The Pre-filter is a 50-100µm rated, non-woven bag filter. Each DIVVY unit comes with 6 pre-filters.
Is the calcium hypochlorite already measured and in the liner?
The Calcium hypochlorite is already measured but not in the liner. It is packaged in pre-dosed containers, one dose/250 gallons.
What quantity of hypochlorite does it come with? What percentage of it is free chlorine? 68%? 73%?
The system comes with 10 doses. The calcium hypochlorite is rated at 73%.
How do you ensure the water is thoroughly mixed with the chlorine in the tank?
The mixing instructions include a "pre-dissolve" step to make sure that all of the solid calcium hypochlorite is in solution prior to adding it to the water in the liner. A mixing container is supplied.
What is the recommended contact time?
Recommended contact time is 1 hour.
For how many gallons will the filter remain effective?
We have tested the filter for chlorine removal to 40,000 gallons. The filter is rated by the manufacturer at 30,000 gallons. The filter will remain effective, even in turbid water, to 20,000 gallons.
How many filter cartridges does the system come with?
The unit is shipped with one filter.
Can you backwash the microfilter to get longer lifespan?
Since the filter is a carbon block filter it cannot be backwashed or regenerated.
Are the units completely disposable?
The units are disposable.
Can I just buy a new filter and reuse the canister to keep costs down or is the filter and canister a monolithic design?
The canister/housing is permanent, the filter is replaceable. We have designed a cassette system to make filter change-out and service easy and problem free.